- This is the 180thHadleigh Show and will once again be held in the beautiful parkland setting of Holbecks Park on the edge of Hadleigh
- This year’s Show Director is Oliver Pratt (07884 003747). Olly is the 3rdgeneration of his family to steward at the Show and the 2nd generation to take the role of Show Director. Look out for his 3 daughters on the Show poster
- Our main attraction this year are The Monster Trucks. Big Pete and the Grim Reaper will be in the ring. Weighing in at 7.5 tons these awesome machines are built for one reason only – mass destruction! Big Pete is one of Europe’s largest Monster Trucks with a full size American truck body, and is now partnered by the Grim Reaper.
This is a chance to watch two real Monster Trucks at work jumping over cars and crushing cars and caravans. Jumping 15ft in the air is an impressive sight for any event, crushing anything in its path.
Between displays the public are invited to meet the team and have your picture taken with a real monster truck.
- We are also delighted to welcome back Titan the Robot. After his successful first visit last year this 8ft walking talking robot will again be touring the showground. The Titan experience is family friendly, funny, faced paced and full of surprises but above all a very interactive show and that gets the whole audience involved. Titan’s cheeky character is adored by both adults and children alike.
- Other attractions are – the Sheep Show, the Dog & Duck Show, Little Nippers with their racing team and falconry display, The Tendring Dog Agility Team (TAG), Vintage Tractors and Young Farmers Junior Tug-O-War competition and a Farm Machinery demonstration showcasing a fleet of modern large scale machinery.All this will be filmed this year by Birds I Images who will record the event from high in the sky!
- You can also try out your skills with the Tudor Archers from Sudbury and the Gun Dog scurry run by Simbos at Boxford.
- The Education area is focusing on “Your Sunday Roast” this year. Join them for lots of hands on activities and also see the winning entries in the Schools Programme cover competition “If I were a farmer……..”
- The cookery demo is back this year with Mark David of The Cooking Experience at the helm. As a Hadleigh based business Mark will have a team local chefs and food producers with him throughout the day. A chance to sit and watch them making mouth-watering food and perhaps taste it as well!
- Our featured artist in the Art exhibition is Sue Eaton, a contemporary wildlife and woodland artist sue-eaton.comSculpture, pottery and photography will also be on display in the Art Tent as well as paintings.
- There are more than 150 classes of cattle, sheep, goats and horses on show; over 160 trade stands; the Poultry Tent; the Art Exhibition and Sale; Rural Crafts and the Flower Tent.
- Stocks Fairground will also be in Hadleigh for the weekend of the Show. They are open Friday evening until 10pm, during the Show on Saturday and on Sunday afternoon – midday to 5pm.
- Our ever popular Food Hall will once again showcase 42 local food and drink producers with new local businesses on show as well as long standing exhibitors. 2 Food Court areas will provide lunch for all the family with a huge range of food on offer.
- Advance tickets can be purchased on-line at www.hadleighshow.co.uk as well as the usual retail outlets; Avis Newsagents, Hadleigh; Hollow Tree Farm Shop, Semer; Boxford Post Office; Bates Wells & Braithwaite, Sudbury; Hall Farm Shop, Stratford-St-Mary, Hintlesham Barns, Elmsett Post Office and Stores and Park Street Stores, Stoke By Nayland.
If booking before Friday 17th May, visitors can take advantage of the ‘Early-Bird Discount’, which reduces a Family Ticket (2 Adults with up to 3 Children) to just £27.00. Other Early Bird prices are: Adult – £11 (£14 on day); Child 5-15 – £5 (£7 on day); Senior Citizen – £9 (£12 on day).
New for 2019 – Event Mobility is delighted to be providing electric scooters and manual wheelchairs for the use of disabled, elderly and mobility impaired visitors at the show.
To reserve an electric scooter or manual wheelchair you can book on line at www.eventmobility.org.uk, print out an advance booking form from the website or contact the office on 01386 725391 to request a form to be posted to you. Please be aware that advance bookings cannot be made by phone.
- Travelling to the Show – we have made some changes to the traffic routes this year with the introduction of a new access track into the showground. Further details can be found on our website but please follow all road signs.
Parking is FREE; gates open at 8.00am.
HFAA is a registered Charity and has been in existence since 1839. We run a Schools Project for local Primary schools as well as supporting many local and farming charities.